Sunday, May 30, 2010

The first time..

Today was the first day I met my husband four years ago. I have recently blogged about how we met. Today after the step kids went home, the hubby and I decided to go back to the place where we had our first date and have dinner with our newest daughter. We just sat there and reminisced on what was going thru our heads, our feelings that day and then telling each other how happy we were and thanked God that we found each other.

Does anyone else celebrate this day?

I have a little keepsake books filled with cards, or ticket stubs, pamphlets and brochures of places we visited in the past, things we can look at and remember some of the fun things we did while dating. I hope to one day pass the book on to our daughter so she can see how mommy and daddy fell in love and came to the decision of extending our family and having her. I pulled the book out this morning and began looking at the things we did and just a flutter of happiness came over me, I cant wait till Little Red (our youngest daughter) is old enough for me to sit down and tell her the story of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment